Belize turns 31 in just a few hours. In order for you to get the most of this Independence day, we have come up with a list of quick tips, tricks and guides. Here goes nothing:
- Don't miss the flag raising ceremony/fireworks ( September 20 @ Independence Plaza -- 11:45 PM).
- Don't miss the Official Independence Day Ceremony ( starts @ 10:00 AM in Independence Plaza,).
- Don't miss the Jump Up (Devon Beaton Park @ 1:00 PM to 12:00 AM).
- Come out from early to see the Citizen's parade ( anytime before 11:00 AM, around the Ring Road to Devon Beaton Park).
- Carry along a camera.
- A radio would be helpful.
- If you are driving, ensure that you are driving with precaution and park in areas that are safe. (Early birds get the best parking spots).
- Make sure you have plenty of water with you, an ice box full with beverages and ice is advised.
- Don't forget your water bottles.
- Hats and caps are advised.
- Nothing too hot is recommended especially in these hot days. ( a white shirt for men, a cool blouse for women).
- Carry along plenty of sun screen to avoid sun burns.
- If you have any umbrellas make sure to carry them along with you, in case of rain.
- A pair of sun glasses would help to avoid irritation of the eyes from the sun.
- Don't drink and drive.
- If you carry along alcoholic beverages make sure to use disposable cups in public.
- Keep an eye on your children at all times.
- Avoid any brawls and inform the Authorities of any troublemakers.
- If you see a fight inform the Authorities immediately.
- Being close to a police officer can guarantee you better safety.
- Don't carry along too much money -- some people tend to misplace or loose wallets and purses. (The thief never sleeps).
- Avoid eating too much fast foods ( a little of everything is good, but don't abuse it).
- Food is expensive out there, so if you can prepare a few picnic sandwiches, it can save you a few pennies.
- Carry along a roll or two of toilet paper in case of bathroom emergencies.
- A Health Kit can save you an unwanted trip to the hospital.
- Carry along some portable plastic chairs, if you have any ( there is rarely anywhere good to sit)
If you have any additional tips or guides please let us now here. The idea is for everyone to have a safe and joyful Independence day.